Spokane Family Law Attorney

Review Us

At my law office in Spokane, I offer a full-service family law practice for clients throughout Eastern Washington. I work hard to provide each of my clients with vigorous representation and superior client service. I am focused on the delivery of efficient and cost-effective representation.

Helping to File for Divorce in Opportunity, Washington

I am Spokane family law attorney Mark D. Hodgson, and I encourage you to contact me about your legal needs. I handle a wide range of family law matters, including:

  • Divorce: I handle all issues that may arise in the context of a divorce, including property division, child custody and visitation, child support and spousal support. I have experience in cases involving complex property division issues, domestic violence and other complex issues. I take time to help my clients prepare carefully crafted parenting plans that are designed to minimize future conflicts where possible. I also assist clients who need help with an uncontested divorce or a military divorce.
  • Child custody and visitation: In addition to handling custody or visitation issues that arise in the context of a divorce, I have considerable experience helping clients who require a parenting plan modification, including custody and visitation modifications. I also represent clients who are involved in a parental relocation dispute.
  • Third-party custody: You may be able to obtain custody of a child even if you are not the biological parent. If both biological parents are unfit or if a custodial parent has voluntarily left a child in your care for a protracted period of time, you may be able to obtain custody of the child. I represent grandparents, close family members and others in third-party custody cases.
  • Modifications: I handle child support modifications, spousal support modifications and parenting plan modifications, which may include a modification of child custody, visitation or other matters impacting your rights.
  • Paternity: Parents who have a child when they are not married may need to initiate a paternity action to protect their rights. A father may need to initiate a paternity action to prove he is the biological father of the child and pursue a fixed visitation schedule or custody of the child. A mother may need to establish paternity to obtain a child support order.
  • Court order enforcement: Has your former spouse failed to comply with the terms of a court order? Has he or she failed to hand over property, sign a deed, pay child support or spousal support, violated your custody or visitation rights, or otherwise failed to obey a court order? I can help. People who chose not to obey a court order without valid legal cause may be held in contempt and subject to significant court sanctions, including the possibility of jail in some cases.
  • Protection orders and restraining orders: No person should have to live in an abusive relationship. Help is available for victims of domestic violence, including married and unmarried individuals. Visit my section on protection and restraining orders to learn more.
  • Common law marriage: Men and women who live together and act as husband and wife may be subject to Washington's property division laws even if they are not legally married. If you are ending a long-term relationship with a significant other and you feel your property may be subject to division, let me put my experience to work for you.
  • Dissolution of a domestic partnership: Registered domestic partners who wish to obtain a dissolution should have legal counsel to ensure the protection of their rights.

Contact a Spokane County Property Division Lawyer

I look forward to meeting with you and discussing your legal needs. To schedule a free consultation to discuss filing for divorce in Opportunity, Washington, and the surrounding communities, contact my law office in Spokane, Washington. For assistance, call 509-720-8991 or contact me by e-mail.