Hodgson Law Office
Get A free initial consultation
800-732-4698 509-720-8991


February 2015 Archives

Facts about child support formula and other issues in WA

When a couple shares a child and is no longer together in Washington State, it is paramount that the child be cared for adequately. Often this means that one parent will pay support to the custodial parent to ensure that the child's needs are met. Rules and regulations are in place in the state to make certain that certain child related expenses -- like the child's everyday expenses -- are covered. Certain factors will be dealt with when the child support formula is determined and the decisions are made as to where the child will live and what the visitation rights will be.

What is alimony and how is it determined in Washington State?

A common concern among people ending a marriage is how much alimony will be paid from the supporting spouse to the supported spouse. When it comes to family legal issues, this is one that constantly arises and is in dispute. Frequently, people who are getting a divorce will disagree on what should be paid -- if anything at all. The law is clear but flexible regarding alimony and this is true whether it's a high asset divorce or a divorce of more modest means.

Legal help with child custody issues in Spokane

When a couple in Spokane shares a child and either is not together or chooses to part ways, one of the biggest issues that must be handled is the maintenance of a positive relationship with children and how the child custody situation will be dealt with. In a best case scenario, the two sides will come to an agreement on visitation rights and will do so in an amicable fashion. Unfortunately, in many instances, this is not possible as the issues that led to the divorce or the unmarried couple parting ways serve to function as a wedge between the parties with the child in the middle.

How is a relocation change with children handled?

When a Washington State couple shares a child and is no longer together, the best case scenario is if both parents try to have a relationship with children and agree on the visitation and living arrangements. That, however, is not always possible and there are times in which a custodial parent will choose to move to a different location. Relocation can be confusing and if the other parent has an issue with the choice to relocate and pursue an agreement modification when it comes to residency, there are legal steps to take to settle the matter.

Contact My Firm

I look forward to meeting with you and discussing your specific issues. Schedule a free consultation by calling
509-720-8991 or toll-free at 800-732-4698 or fill out my online form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us