Hodgson Law Office
Get A free initial consultation
800-732-4698 509-720-8991


April 2015 Archives

Legal assistance with modifying a child support agreement

In Spokane, when a couple shares a child, the state takes the care of the child very seriously. This is why there are rules in place when it comes to child support. In some instances, however, there are reasons why one parent or the other would like to seek a modification to the support agreement. It could be a custodial parent who is being hit hard by an increase in the cost of living. It might be due to the supporting parent suffering from a drastic loss of income. Or there could be a number of other reasons as to why child support modification may be sought, either as a temporary or permanent arrangement.

Important legal facts about Washington State divorce

There are times when married couples in Washington State are no longer able to stay together and must move forward with a divorce. Contemplating and moving forward with the end of a marriage can be more difficult that people think, and it's imperative to understand the way the state looks at marriage and how it can end. Issues such as annulment, legal separation, marriage dissolution and residency requirements can come up.

How can mediation be used to solve a child custody dispute?

Few things are as difficult for parents as a child custody dispute. Some of the most serious such disputes involve one parent seeking sole custody of the child, but even a disagreement over the fine points of a parenting plan. The state of Washington has a set of rules in place to resolve these disputes while keeping the best interests of the child in mind. Many of these disputes can be resolved out of court through mediation.

Agreement modification with child custody in Washington State

Parents in Washington State often want to maintain a positive relationship with their children regardless of how the child custody decision goes. The court, for its part, wants to act in the best interests of the child. This is why there are certain instances in which the law considers an agreement modification. The court won't alter a custody decree that has already been made, nor will it change a parenting plan, unless the facts indicate that there was information that wasn't known when the decree was made and a change in the circumstances has made a modification necessary. The best interests of the child are paramount.

Family law and relatives seeking visitation with minor children

Family legal issues in Spokane can take many forms and involve a great number of people. One dispute that frequently arises is custody and visitation of a dependent child from members of the family that are relatives, but not parents. It's important to know how the law views these issues before taking the matter up in court should there be an objection to the visitation occurring.

Contact My Firm

I look forward to meeting with you and discussing your specific issues. Schedule a free consultation by calling
509-720-8991 or toll-free at 800-732-4698 or fill out my online form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us