Hodgson Law Office
Get A free initial consultation
800-732-4698 509-720-8991


July 2016 Archives

What rights to visitation do grandparents have in Washington?

Grandparents of children in Washington may wonder what rights they have to visitation of their grandchildren. This question becomes especially pressing if one of the children's parents is not in the picture, but the grandparents -- the parents of the non-custodial parent -- would like to see their grandchildren. This can come up after a divorce or when the parents are otherwise separated. Like so many other legal issues, the issue of grandparents' rights is complicated.

What parents need to know about parenting plans

Most of the time when parents split up, Washington state courts try to encourage both parents to continue to play an active role in their child's life. Judges will often ask that the parents do their best to come up with an agreeable parenting plan that will serve the needs of the children and fit in with the new family dynamic. While the court will make outright decisions in these matters, parents should sort through as many of the details themselves.

Basic overview of the divorce process in Washington

People in Spokane know that divorce is quite common. About 50 percent of marriages end in divorce, so a large number of people will encounter the court system via the divorce process. This blog post will provide readers with a basic overview of the divorce procedure in Washington.

Contact My Firm

I look forward to meeting with you and discussing your specific issues. Schedule a free consultation by calling
509-720-8991 or toll-free at 800-732-4698 or fill out my online form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us