Hodgson Law Office
Get A free initial consultation
800-732-4698 509-720-8991


Posts tagged "agreement modification"

Agreement modification with child custody in Washington State

Parents in Washington State often want to maintain a positive relationship with their children regardless of how the child custody decision goes. The court, for its part, wants to act in the best interests of the child. This is why there are certain instances in which the law considers an agreement modification. The court won't alter a custody decree that has already been made, nor will it change a parenting plan, unless the facts indicate that there was information that wasn't known when the decree was made and a change in the circumstances has made a modification necessary. The best interests of the child are paramount.

How is a relocation change with children handled?

When a Washington State couple shares a child and is no longer together, the best case scenario is if both parents try to have a relationship with children and agree on the visitation and living arrangements. That, however, is not always possible and there are times in which a custodial parent will choose to move to a different location. Relocation can be confusing and if the other parent has an issue with the choice to relocate and pursue an agreement modification when it comes to residency, there are legal steps to take to settle the matter.

Contact My Firm

I look forward to meeting with you and discussing your specific issues. Schedule a free consultation by calling
509-720-8991 or toll-free at 800-732-4698 or fill out my online form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us