Hodgson Law Office
Get A free initial consultation
800-732-4698 509-720-8991


Posts tagged "custodial parent"

Legal assistance with modifying a child support agreement

In Spokane, when a couple shares a child, the state takes the care of the child very seriously. This is why there are rules in place when it comes to child support. In some instances, however, there are reasons why one parent or the other would like to seek a modification to the support agreement. It could be a custodial parent who is being hit hard by an increase in the cost of living. It might be due to the supporting parent suffering from a drastic loss of income. Or there could be a number of other reasons as to why child support modification may be sought, either as a temporary or permanent arrangement.

What income is calculated for Spokane child support?

When a Spokane couple shares a child and is no longer together, one parent will likely have custody of the child and the other parent will have to pay child support. A frequent question that arises from both parents will surround how the amount to be paid will be determined. The state has certain standards that are used to decide how much the supporting parent should pay and this needs to be understood as the situation is settled.

Facts about child support formula and other issues in WA

When a couple shares a child and is no longer together in Washington State, it is paramount that the child be cared for adequately. Often this means that one parent will pay support to the custodial parent to ensure that the child's needs are met. Rules and regulations are in place in the state to make certain that certain child related expenses -- like the child's everyday expenses -- are covered. Certain factors will be dealt with when the child support formula is determined and the decisions are made as to where the child will live and what the visitation rights will be.

How does child support enforcement deal with delinquency?

A couple in Spokane that shares a child is responsible for its care. When they either part ways and are no longer a couple or were never a couple in the first place, this doesn't assuage the responsibilities they have. Often, there is a support agreement in which one parent will pay a certain amount of money every month to the custodial parent for the child's upkeep. Unfortunately, there are instances in which the supporting parent, for one reason or another, fails to keep up with the payments and is accused of delinquent payments. When this happens, the state can step in and initiate proceedings to get what is owed.

How does Washington handle child support enforcement?

While most parents in Washington adhere to their child support agreements, there are instances in which the parent who is supposed to be paying is accused of becoming delinquent in payments. A custodial parent who is not receiving what he or she is supposed to according to the law needs to understand that there are options to receive payments and that the parent who is failing to pay may face penalties for it.

What should I know about child support in Washington?

Whether you have just wrapped up child custody negotiations with your ex-spouse and a family law judge or are just starting the process, you probably have some questions about child support. If you do, then you're not alone.

Contact My Firm

I look forward to meeting with you and discussing your specific issues. Schedule a free consultation by calling
509-720-8991 or toll-free at 800-732-4698 or fill out my online form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us