Hodgson Law Office
Get A free initial consultation
800-732-4698 509-720-8991


Posts tagged "relationship with children"

Keeping the child's interests in mind with child custody

When a couple in Spokane decides to end their relationship, it's often not as simple as just parting ways and moving on with their lives. This is especially true when there are children in the relationship. In most cases, parents will want to do what is in the best interests of the child. That, however, doesn't always coincide with what the parents want. Often, there are ancillary issues that arise when it comes to child custody and these can be difficult to navigate.

Legal help with child custody issues in Spokane

When a couple in Spokane shares a child and either is not together or chooses to part ways, one of the biggest issues that must be handled is the maintenance of a positive relationship with children and how the child custody situation will be dealt with. In a best case scenario, the two sides will come to an agreement on visitation rights and will do so in an amicable fashion. Unfortunately, in many instances, this is not possible as the issues that led to the divorce or the unmarried couple parting ways serve to function as a wedge between the parties with the child in the middle.

How is a relocation change with children handled?

When a Washington State couple shares a child and is no longer together, the best case scenario is if both parents try to have a relationship with children and agree on the visitation and living arrangements. That, however, is not always possible and there are times in which a custodial parent will choose to move to a different location. Relocation can be confusing and if the other parent has an issue with the choice to relocate and pursue an agreement modification when it comes to residency, there are legal steps to take to settle the matter.

Objectives of permanent parenting in a child custody agreement

When a couple in Spokane shares a child and is no longer together, it's easy for them to lose sight of what's important. Often, if a relationship between the parents failed as a marriage or the couple was not married and had a child, there is unresolved vitriol that can poison the relationship with children. The state tries to ensure that the best interests of the child are met through fulfilling the objectives of a permanent parenting plan.

Contact My Firm

I look forward to meeting with you and discussing your specific issues. Schedule a free consultation by calling
509-720-8991 or toll-free at 800-732-4698 or fill out my online form below.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Review Us